SLIDER

L.A. Life: ClassPass

Thursday, November 6, 2014


*picture stolen from the internet somewhere but highly appropriate

So, my sister had been nagging and twisting my arm asking me to join ClassPass basically since the minute I set foot in L.A. permanently.  For anyone who doesn't know, ClassPass is a service (for lack of a better word) you join, where for $99 per month you can go to basically any workout studio in the city of L.A. 3 times within that month.  

After 1 month I've decided ClassPass is the shit, and here's why:

1) I can schedule things in advance.  This works especially well for me because I am crazy and love calendaring things.  I like to know where I'm going to be 7 days in advance, and I get a rush out of looking at my color-coded week ahead every Sunday night (I know, I need therapy.)  When I see the little yellow ClassPass box on my calendar it just becomes part of my weekly to-do list and I'm more likely to go (well, that and they threaten to charge you $20 for late cancellations or missed classes). 

2) It's cheap.  Classes at some of these studios are STEEP you guys.  I'm talking $30 and up for 1 class sometimes.  I just don't want to spend that much money on the gym.  This way I can literally exercise as much as I want, wherever I want for one price.  WORTH IT.

3) It's better for my body.  I spin, I do barre, I do cardio, I even did Zumba, and Cross Fit - my body has no idea what's coming next and supposedly that's the best way to get in shape.  I should probably also make better diet choices but Rome wasn't built in a day, ok?  

4) It gets me to meet new people and check out new neighborhoods.  Especially after I've maxed out my closest Pure Barre and still feel the urge to LTB - I have to go to the west side to do it.  Gets me out of my little mid-city bubble.

It's worked so well for me, my hubby recently signed up (it's not all yoga and booty ballet, there's kickboxing, TRX and other guy-type shit too) and he's also finding that the pre-scheduling requirement and variety are holding him accountable and making him work out more.

I think there are referral programs, a few other cities (originally ClassPass was only in NYC and L.A. but appears to be rapidly expanding), and probably many other things about ClassPass that I don't know, but what I do know is ClassPass L.A. is working for me and  I highly recommend it for anyone who also requires more seducing than a treadmill and a pair of dumbbells.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...