SLIDER

Versatile

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Top: Urban Outfitters, old (also worn here)
Pants: Maje (also worn here)
Shoes: Zara
Clutch: Louis Vuitton
Sunglasses: Chanel

I used to be one of those people who bought something in every single color if I really loved it.  After doing that for a few years (ok ok fine, my entire 20s, basically) I ended up with multiple skirts, tops, sweaters, etc. that just sat around never being worn because even though I liked the style or material or whatever, the color/print just wasn't for me.  I think I just figured that I'd find ways to wear it because I loved the fit or style so much, even if the color and pattern wasn't really my thing.  I would even fool myself into thinking that I'd start wearing colors I hate (like lilac, for example) because it was a piece that I liked in every other way.  That lilac sweater went to goodwill a few years back, with the tag on it - womp womp.

I've stopped wasting my money that way, and now I only buy something if I'm in love with every part of it - the fit, the color, the print AND the material.  And even then, it has to fit the rule of three before it comes home with me.  Like these pants, for example - on the hanger they looked pretty shitty in terms of shape, but the print is what caught my eye so I gave them a try.  When I put them on, the material felt great and they were flattering (love me a high waist).  I started immediately thinking of things I had that I could wear them with.  Am I out looking for more printed pants? Nope.  This ONE, all-around great pair is enough for me. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...