SLIDER

They say it's the color of the year . . .

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

 Jacket: ASOS, old (similar here)
Top: Zara, really old
Pants: Forever 21, old (similar here)
Shoes: Dolce Vita, old (similar here)
Clutch: Marc by Marc Jacobs, old
Sunglasses: Marc Jacobs Collection, old
Earrings: Tory Burch
Ring, bracelet: C. Wonder

So clearly, everything I'm wearing in these pictures is old.  Especially this top - literally, 6 or so years old.  I'm not sure if emerald was the color of the year when I bought it, but it's always been one of my favorites (and my birthstone too).  It's been through two pregnancies, thanks to the elastic tie-waist, numerous vacations, days at the office, nights out, etc. and still hasn't fallen apart - thank you Zara for this one. And thank you Marc Jacobs for these accessories that have also been with me for years.  You can never go wrong splurging on bags or sunglasses - these two were worth EVERY penny I spent on them when I was broke back in law school.  At that time in my life, spending the equivalent of my rent on a bag or sunglasses was a majorly risky (a.k.a. dumb) move.  Even $59 on this top was a big stretch.  However, I made up for it by subsisting on ramen noodles and coffee, and I'd do it again too (bonus: I was really skinny).  I like to think of this outfit as a parade of old friends - though I may not see them for months at a time, they are always there for me when I need them and they never go out of style.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...