SLIDER

Belted slip

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Duster: ASOS 
Dress: ASOS (also worn here)
Belt: H&M
Shoes: Aldo
Bag: Chanel
Sunglasses: Prada

Is it a nightgown? Is it a dress? Does it really matter? Not lately.  When my hubby invited me to join him for a midweek breakfast date at BLD I couldn't say no.  Except, I had about 10 minutes to get dressed, so I literally grabbed these two items that were laying on the bench at the foot of our bed, and dug a belt out of some drawer (I haven't worn a belt since we moved to L.A., isn't that weird?).   Somehow without the belt it looked way too much like a nightgown and bathrobe, which is a look that works for some, but is not quite enough for me.  Even the shoes suggest bedroom attire - all they are missing is a pom-pom on each toe.  I just have this need to look a little more pulled together than that. So, the belt did it - the belt made it look more restaurant than boudoir appropriate.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...