SLIDER

Travel Style

Wednesday, June 12, 2013


 Jacket: Topshop
Top: H&M
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Chanel
Bag: Burberry
Sunglasses: Ray Ban
Ring: YSL "Arty"

When I was younger, I used to travel exclusively in sweats and flip flops.   Then I realized I looked like a bum.  I no longer want my loved ones' first impression of me to be like  "girl you need to freshen up."  I want to arrive looking my  best.  Also I usually don't have time to change into something more fancy between landing and going wherever we are going (literally - after this flight we went straight out from the airport).  So whatever I'm wearing on the plane ends up being what I wear until I eventually get to bed in my city of arrival. 

Thus, when I travelling, I DO wear: 
-Mostly black
-Flats 
-Black jeans or black pants with some stretch (leggings don't count-the pants better have a zipper),
-A jersey or cotton top
-A blazer or jacket of some sort (any color, no hoodies)
-A large sturdy handbag in a dark color 

And I DO NOT wear:
-Silk or linen (they wrinkle!)
-Open-toed shoes (my feet freeze)
-Knee boots (they take forever to get on and off in security) 
-Large pieces of jewelry (another security line disaster waiting to happen)
-Heels (you never know how far you're going to have to walk in an airport)
-Bright colored lipstick or eyeshadow (smears are hard to clean up without totally starting over - put it on after you land if you must)

Happy travels!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...